The mechanism that adds campaign data to our history tables is automated. The process will recognize only those file layouts that have been pre-developed.
For every table that a campaign can be resolved to, there must be an accompanying, pre-established layout for each channel (email, direct mail, telemarketing).
These layouts contain two types of data:
- data fields that are needed by our history response rules, a channel vendor, or our email automation process
- data fields that may be needed for a particular marketing effort (such as expire date or account number) or for future reporting purposes
When a campaign is processed, the file will be used to populate 3 or 4 files depending on the type of campaign.
An Email campaign will contribute to camp_campaign, camp_segment, camp_list_email and stack_camp_email_analysis.
Stack_camp_email_analysis is a stack file of all detail records from all email campaigns processed through MG2 and sent to Listrak. This table is used to calculate activity and response for 10 days after the email send. Some clients have customized analysis on this table. Standard analysis includes – starts, registrations, payments, delivery schedule changes, email opens and reads.
Once the email is sent, data is retrieved from Listrak. This return data is used to create camp_campaign, camp_segment and camp_list_email. A single record per campaign name, per Listrak return file is created. The next step is creating a segment record for each segment per campaign per Listrak return file. And finally the camp_list_email file which are the detail email records returned from Listrak – this table will also house the open, read, and bounce information returned from Listrak. This additional return information is then carried back into the stack_camp_email_analysis table to allow additional campaign reporting.
A Direct Mail campaign will contribute to camp_campaign, camp_segment and camp_list_address. As in the email scenario, the campaign table will get a single record per campaign name within a Direct Mail campaign. The segment table will get a single record per segment per campaign within a campaign file. The Camp_list_address table will be all records being mailed to in the campaign. Direct Mail response attributes are also in the camp_list_address table and are calculated based on client specific rules. Standard analysis includes – starts, registrations, payments, delivery schedule changes. Direct mail response is generally broken out by exact ( the new start is directly attributed to the start codes associated with that campaign), inferred ( the new start is a direct mail type of start – but not specific to the campaign), and other (any start that is not coded as a direct mail start). Each client determines the timeframe after the mailing to allow response calculations.
A Telemarketing campaign will contribute to camp_campaign, camp_segment and camp_list_telephone. As in both email and direct mail, the campaign will get single record per campaign name within a Telemarketing campaign. The segment table will get a single record per segment per campaign within a campaign file. The Camp_list_telephone table will be all records being sent to the calling vendor in the campaign. Generally each campaign is vendor specific. Telemarketing disposition codes can then be returned from the calling vendors and the camp_list_telephone table can be coded with disposition attributes.
High level table descriptions:
- Camp_campaign = this is a summary level file that includes all levels of marketing (email, direct mail and telemarketing). This file will have one record per campaign per day per marketing channel.
- Camp_segment = this is a summary level file that includes all levels of marketing. This file will have one record per segment per campaign per day per marketing channel.
- Camp_list_email = this table is the detail level records for all email campaigns. One record per email per segment per campaign per day for email marketing channel.
- Camp_list_address = this table is the detail level records for all direct mail campaigns. One record per mailed address per segment per campaign per day for direct mail marketing channel.
- Camp_list_telephone = this table is the detail level records for all telephone campaigns. One record per telephone per segment per campaign per day for telemarketing channel.
- Stack_camp_email_analysis = this is a standalone table that is created from all email files. This table is used to evaluate any response or activity attributes from the account, registration or Listrak levels.